Is there a better feeling than sharing something you feel passionate about with someone else? When I was hit with the biggest reading slump in December, I promised myself I will get back on track. I decided that perhaps I will need to get a bit more involved with the bookish community on Instagram and when I saw Busymamabookclub is hosting a book swap I was all hands up!
January’s theme “Cheap As Chips” was perfect for the longest month of the year and required to be even more creative than normal to not go over the £5 limit, which was the only rule.
I was paired up with the lovely Sharon, who kindly sent me a huge pile of books, a cute book cover and some tea. (Hiii, if you’re reading! Thank you so much!)
1. I Did It for Us – Alison Bruce
2. Copycat – Alex Lake
3. Lying to You – Amanda Reynolds
4. Grist Mill Road – Christopher J. Yates
I must be honest, I have not heard of any of the above, except for Copycat. Have I been living under a rock? Yes, probably.
But that’s the beauty of a book swap. What a fantastic way to get to know new authors and books you normally might not pick up. I will definitely be involved in the future, and a massive congratulations to Emily for organizing another successful event!
If you’re interested what I sent Sharon:
1. Molly’s Game – Molly Bloom (A true story, and this has now also been adapted into a movie.)
2. The Book Thief – Markus Zusak (This has been on my TBR for a while now, and perhaps she agrees to do a buddy read with me!)
3. Burnt Paper Sky – Gilly MacMillan
4. Black-Eyed Susans – Julia Heaberlin (I need a copy for myself!)
5. You Let Me In – Lucy Clarke
Have you participated in a book swap?
Were you introduced to an author you had never heard of before and they’re now one of your favourites? 🙂
Let me know in the comments if you have, or if not then why?
PS! Be careful with giving out your home address to strangers online.